Do you want to keep abreast of the latest learning trends? Do you have an interest in digital solutions for effective education? Then the prestigious LEARNTEC international convention and trade fair is the place to go! For over a quarter of a century this annual event has drawn together education experts and decision-makers from all business sectors and public institutions. The 27th LEARNTEC takes place this year over three intensive days from 29th to 31st of January at Messe Karlsruhe in the German state of Baden-Württemberg.
At LEARNTEC the emphasis is on IT-supported teaching methods and technologies, threading through lifelong learning from school, to higher education, to company training. Here you will find the right products, applications and services for your needs. Key learning trends, best-practice, and industry insights will be presented in interesting daily lectures and workshops, giving you the edge in providing the best professional education.
LEARNTEC is Europe’s largest digital-education event. For number crunchers, the stats based on last year are that over 10,000 specialist visitors from about 31 countries, and around 300 exhibitors from about 14 countries will interact in over 16k m2 of exhibition space. There will also be 250 speakers ready to share their expertise, focusing on three topic areas of School, University, and Vocational Training. Whatever your educational needs, there will be an exhibitor or expert on hand to find you a digital solution.
VRdirect will be at LEARNTEC!
With our innovative, easy to use VR authoring and publication platform, it is only natural that we will be present to demonstrate how effectively and easily we can provide efficient VR solutions in the areas of training and education.
Find our experts at our stand in Hall 2, booth O35 where their focus will be on talking about the use of VR by Human Resources (HR) for vocational training and workplace instruction. You will be able to discuss real-life cases of the Vrdirect platform being used in the easy creation of VR experiences.
You can also listen to our CEO Rolf Illenberger give a joint lecture with Marek Hadrys, Technical Instructor and Project Manager at Avacon Netz GmbH. The lecture is titled ‘Use of the VRdirect Virtual Reality Platform in Training at E.ON‘ and will take place on the first day, 29.01.19, in the Start-Up area of the hall, between 10:20 and 10:35. More details on the LEARNTEC website.
Avacon is a network subsidiary of major international energy provider E.ON, and has been using VR as part of its training supplement to on-site training. The aim of the project is to build a library of VR rendered complex training content that employees can keep going back to without additional cost, or health and safety risk.
Why should you use Virtual Reality for learning?
There are a lot of benefits and reasons why you should use VR for e-learning and training, which we’ve already covered in our blog post “how to improve safety and performance with VR in training”. The main returns from using VR can be summarised as:
- VR is more memorable: the high level of realism and immersion provided by VR experiences increases memory retention, thereby increasing the chances that the learning experience can be transferred and utilized in a real-world environment.
- Reduction of fear and stress: the immersive nature of VR experiences allows for repeated and controlled exposure to emotional stimuli in a safe condition. Over time this reduces stress or a fear response to those stimuli.
- Isolation from distractions: by providing a sensory-rich experience with a VR headset, the focus of the employee will always remain on the content of the experience.
- Elimination of Risks: allows training and instruction of dangerous tasks or “what-if scenarios” in a totally safe environment.
- Cost Effectiveness: VR training can take place in the workplace of the employee and at a convenient time to them, thereby reducing travel and training-room setup costs, and avoiding downtime whilst the employee is away from their work.
If you are interested in using Virtual Reality for HR and Training cases, we are happy to give you a VR kick-start! Have a look at our VR for Training website or feel free to directly book a free consultation with our specialist Judith Reimann: